Today is day one of the Dukan diet so far so good! I can see that this diet is all about preparation and planning, which my lovely friend, Tara stated “means we’re thinking about what we shove in our mouths!”. So true.
So in preparation I whipped up batch of these babies:
They all call them chicken muffins, but there’s no fooling me! There’s no bloody flour (the point of Dukan)! So I’m re-naming them quiches, because that in fact is what they are.
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 Eggs
- Herbs according to taste – I used sage and thyme
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran
- 250ml Yoghurt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Cut the meat into very small pieces
- Mix all the other ingredients together
- Add the meat and mix some more
- Put the mixture into muffin (or other) molds
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Check every now and then until the edges start browning
So easy, and I can confirm they are scrummy!