It seems to all be flying by now and is tricky to squeeze in blogging time, but here we go…
Day 8 – Mon 4th January
- a complete beach day where I got badly burnt on my lower back (I have now peeled…)
- a spot of street shopping in Ao Nang – I got some Ray Bans for NZ$8!
Day 9 – Tues 15 January
- a day trip to James Bond Island
- visited a floating village
- fed a baby monkey
- was blessed by a Bhuddhist monk
- took a ride on a longtail boat
- cocktails at the reggae bar, saw my friend Toni have an intense Climax (a cocktail you dirty people…)
- ate peanut butter sandwiches for dinner – oh my God they have never tasted so good!!!
Day 10 – Wed 6 January
- a day trip to Phi Phi islands
- snorkelling at Lohsamah Bay and Maya Bay
- visited “the beach” from The Beach – way too many tourists!
- went to Viking cave
- had lunch on Phi Phi Don
- went swimming at Bamboo Island
Day 11 – Thurs 4 January
- a 7am ferry to Phuket
- made some new friends; Matt and Jenny (Australian) – took a taxi with them to their amazingly flash hotel, couldn’t afford to stay there so moved on to the Little Bhudda Guesthouse
- Shane and Dale visited from Kata for dinner
- Went to the Aussie Bar to catch up with Matt and Jenny, made another set of new friends; Dave and Bonnie (also Australian)
- headed out clubbing at the Banana Club – clubbing in Phuket is awesome!
- my friend Jacques got hit on by Matt all night… hehehe
Day 12 – Fri 8 January
- spent a day on Patong beach, hounded constantly to pay 100B for a chair and umbrella – kept refusing
- came to the conclusion that Phuket is way too touristy!
- Went to the Fanta Sea show – amazing! It was like Disneyland!
- sadly Patong beach isn’t as blue or clear as Koh Phangan
Day 13 – Sat 9 January
- Treated myself to a NZ$7 pedicure
- lay on the beach
- Headed out to the Aussie Bar for some more socialising – bumped into my New Years kiss man. Dear Lord. Didn’t really talk. haha
- Held an iguana, Jacques held a massive one!
- Home by 3.30am
Day 14 – Sun 10 January
- Scored a free umbrella at the beach
- Ping Pong show – verrrrry interesting! haha
- Went to a Foam Party, my first ever – it was brilliant fun!
- Went home with a Frenchman, a chef from Paris. First fling of the holiday, very hot.