There is so much I need to do before hitting the sandy beaches of Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos (do the last two have stunning beaches? – add that to the list – RESEARCH!)
- Get Thai (we don’t need a Thai visa) & Vietnamese visa’s
- Get required shots against disease
- Find out what shots are actually needed in #2
- Lose 6-8kgs
- Stop spending, and actually save some money!
- Organise a credit card as “back up”, aka CHEAP SHOPPING!
- Maybe #4 was too unattainable, try for 3-4kgs in 5 weeks (which includes Christmas, dear God.)
- Work out what I need to pack for 6 weeks of travel – suggestions welcome.
- Book in wax and hair appointments for week before take off - done, yus!!
- Research countries I am going to be visiting
- Learn a few Thai and Vietnamese phrases
- Buy an international plug adapter – no I am not taking my hair straighteners (it’s tempting though…), this if for phone, camera battery charging and iPod charging
- Find a couple of light chick-lit type books to take for the trip for on flights, beach etc.
- Build up a bit of a tan
- Update my iPod with summer, chillax tunes
- plus plenty more that I can’t think of right now…
As a side note, I have recently switched my alcohol beverage of choice from wine and beer to vodka, soda and lime to curb those extra calories, and can I just say… YUM! Why didn’t I make the switch earlier?! It’s my new drink, perfect for hot, summers days!